Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Today was a good day!

The day didn't start off great or anything. Got to work on time. Shocking. Supposed to be there by 7:00 every morning. Maybe I make it there at 7:00 about 33.33% of the time. Yesterday morning I woke up, looked at the clock, registered in my foggy brain that it was 7:38. Didn't care. Went back to sleep. Thank God that Nansie called me and woke me up a little after 8. Oops! :) Ohhhh, one of these days...sleep will not be foreign to me anymore. 


Worked til about 5 and then picked up some green food coloring and blueberries for our St. Patrick's Day dinner. Dave is working tonight (seriously, he works at an Irish Pub. Been there since noon, probably won't get home til after 3 am. BOO.) so it's just me and the kids tonight. I decided that if I couldn't partake in the festivities (i.e. downing a few yummy green beers), then the kids and I were gonna have some green fun of our own!


We made green pancakes! YUM! Some with blueberries and some with my personal favorite. Chocolate chips. DUH. I also made some green scrambled eggs and surprised Ethan and Harper when I pulled the green OJ out of the fridge. Ethan just could not believe that the little St. P. leprechauns did that to our orange juice! I loved seeing his little smile in disbelief. He wanted to call everyone and tell them! I loved hearing the excitement in Ethan's voice as he told Dave what the little leprechauns did! 


After dinner came a little snuggling with my Harper girl as Maddox crawled and screeched and spit up and laughed and yelled and pulled up and chewed on everything in site. Then baby boy wanted some attention. He ate dinner, then some bath time, then off to bed! Not without a fight, of course, because he'd be perfectly content if his momma rocked him to bed and whispered sweet nothings in his ear every night. Ahhh, the lucky baby of the family.


Finally got the younger two down for bed. One of my favorite times of the night is the half hour or so I get to spend with Ethan before he goes to bed. We watch a show together, eat some popcorn (then spend 20 minutes trying to pick popcorn kernels out of each other's teeth). Ethan finally got his out with a toothpick. He actually asked for a toothpick. Made me laugh. Watching a five year old pick his teeth out with a toothpick like an 80 year old man leaving Golden Corral is good for a belly laugh or two! Then it was teeth brushing and book time. Tonight he picked out Where the Wild Things Are. He really wants to see the movie, but I'm not ready for him to see it yet. I've gotten so much feedback that it's not a "kid" movie. We'll wait a little longer.


Not a day out of the ordinary, by any means. Just a good day. A fun day. A day where I feel like I don't get an "F" in mommying day.  


Now back to laundry, dishes and pumping (baby boy has decided he wants milk 24/7 instead of food. My freezer supply is quickly dwindling down)


Happy St. Patty's Day, everyone! 


P.S. Since I'm new at this whole "blogging" thing, I haven't quite figured out how to add pictures to my blog entries yet. Stay tuned, surely I'll figure it out eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment